Posted by: ArtisrRJ19 | March 31, 2015

A World That Works For Everyone

What does a world that works for everyone really mean, and are people concerned enough to see this happen? If we judge by the collective behavior of people, I would say that the answer to this question is an emphatic NO.

It is my observation that people are so obsessed with their own wants and needs, that they don’t seem to care about anybody else. Consequently, we see daily evidence of domestic violence and abuse, police brutality, political pandering, abuse of power, and human rights abuses. Too few of us understand that the victimization of just one person, is the victimization of all people. And sooner or later, we may all be visited by the injustices that permeate our societies. Hopefully, we will wake up before it all gets completely out of control.

Perhaps the way I was raised instilled in me an ongoing concern for others. My parents taught me “The Golden Rule”; that is, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. And that has been a guiding principle of my life.

So it is extremely difficult for me to understand, both at an intellectual and a spiritual level, how people can do such injustices to their fellows, so much so that it is constantly reported in the media every day. For example, how can men presume to deny the rights of women to do what they choose concerning their own bodies? This is sexism and, even worse, misogyny, which the Merriam Webster dictionary defines as “hatred for women.” I don’t believe that men would tolerate this behavior if their rights were being trampled upon. I just don’t get it!

And how can 1% of Americans use their political and financial power to keep the remaining 99% of the population controlled; nay…enslaved to their greed that controls the lives of others to their detriment? How much power is enough for these people who seem to be unaware of The Golden Rule? Moreover, where is the will to hold these tyrants accountable for the damage that they are doing to the country, and to the world at large?

Politicians, police forces, corporations, the wealthy, the privileged; as well as racists, bigots, and homophobes, all contribute to a world that works for the chosen few, and NOT for everyone. And these people seem to believe that they and their constituents are somehow more valuable and thus entitled to be treated more fairly that the masses. I hate this.

My greater challenge is to hate the behavior and not the practitioner of the behavior. I want to be an agent for positive change, so that the changes will level the playing field for all people and contribute to a world that works for everyone. But each day makes it more difficult for me to retain a belief that, in due time, there will be a massive change in the collective vibration of the planet; and that we will begin to experience the kind of world that the Designer of Life intended when He, She or It thought it into existence.

This is the hope that I struggle with daily, and one which I cannot abandon. There must be a higher level of collective consciousness than what is being revealed daily in the media. And I must hang on to that hope lest I become an additional part of the problem, rather than a part of the solution.

What about you? Can you relate to what I’m feeling?  And, if so, how do you handle this dilemma? Please share your comments. I would love to hear from you.

Tags: human rights, abuse of power, domestic violence, police brutality, injustices, victimization, spirituality, The Golden Rule, positive change, collective consciousness

Advertisements

Responses

  1. I like your bare honesty here Ronn. You’re tackling deep issues and questions, and not flinching.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: